Saturday, February 14, 2009

Piggies in Blankets

I know these look corny and old-fashioned (right out of one of those awful Sixties' cookbooks), but they are a hit every time I make them. Folks just can't seem to resist them, especially with the hot mustard sauce!

INGREDIENTS:

Package of Lil' Smokies or other cocktail wienies
1 package of refrigerator Crescent Rolls
1 cup of sour cream
Hot mustard (1/4 - 1/2 cup, according to your taste)

Take out one triangle of refrigerator Crescent Rolls and cut into four pieces. I do it like this:

BEFORE


AFTER

Then roll up a wienie in the dough

Ta da!

You should get 32 piggies from one package of refrigerator dough. No doubt you've been eating some of the raw wienies while rolling, but you may have some left over. They are delicious cooked and I just stick them in the oven along with the "blanketed" ones.

Bake the little guys in a 375 oven for 15 minutes or so till they are nice and brown.

While they are baking, mix the sour cream with the hot mustard sauce. I used to get this little jar of "Hot English Mustard" that I just loved but lately I haven't been able to find it. Now I use this:

"Beaver" Sweet Hot Mustard

I always add 1/2 cup to the sour cream because I love the mustard sauce spicy. BTW, this sauce is also delicious with ham or corned beef. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment